Tattoo ID® Enterprise
Labeling Features & Benefits
Enterprise labeling benefits
- Single design station gives centralized control for adherence to corporate standards
- Distributed printing at remote sites throughout your enterprise assures that static information will be accurate while changeable information can be entered at print time.
- All labeling stations can draw information from corporate databases assuring that data is always up-to-date.
- Labeling stations can be automated through the use of command line options or job files which can specify the label file name, number of labels, printer and many other items.
Desktop publishing design features
- Improved user interface with selectable theme.
- Design multi-page documents.
- CMYK and RGB color selection.
- Rotate label for easy design and editing.
- Design custom reusable fields
- Full-Page layout mode-see the entire page, not just one label.
- Scratch area outside of page boundaries.
- Toolbar for easy access to features.
- Format Text Bar for quick changing of fonts, layers, text and bar code objects.
- Rotate any object at any angle.
- Group objects for easy manipulation.
- Undo, 1 - 100 levels.
- Multi level zoom.
- Layering with a master layer (Control which layers print).
- Rulers with configurable units (Inches, Dec. Inches, Millimeters, Centimeters, Points, Twips, Picas).
- Guides for easy object placement (100 in all).
- Alignment and spacing tools for easy object layout.
- Constrained movement.
- Multiple object selection methods.
- Resize all objects on the screen or singularly, rectangular resize or proportionate resize.
- Numerous text styles ( Normal, Expanded, Condensed, Bold, Italic, Underline, Strikeout).
- Control text character width independent of height.
- 40+ preferences to custom configure your work environment.
- Add printable or nonprintable comments stamped with editors initials anywhere on the label.
- Freeform mark up of label with "pen- like" capabilities to circle, underline, etc.
- Spell checker gives you confidence in text accuracy.
- Configurable auto save to recover data if your system crashes
- Passwords for editing or printing
- Multiple pages to a label
- Multiple labels on a page -- each label can contain different fields with different information.
- Constant objects remain the same from one label to the next.
- Serial numbers increment or decrement on every label, every other label, or every X number of labels.
- Merge/Link Fields merge information from dBASE, Clipper, FoxPro, CSV Text or Windows CardFile databases and display the information on the label.
- Prompt At Print-Time fields can have a new value every time the label is printed, or you may enter the number of times that you wish to use the same value for the field.
- Tattoo ID supports 42 different date and time formats.
- ODBC object connectivity allows you to import Text, Bar code, and Picture fields from external database sources onto the label or template.
- Formula data type allows for calculation or concatenation of different label objects into string, number or date format.
- Includes over 1700 predefined label stock formats (3M, Brady, Avery, Compulabel, Eltron, EPC, Interstate, Kassoy, Maco, MASC, MEI, Nashua, NEBS, Seton, Silver Soft, United AD, Visible, Wieland, Z-Label and more).
- Includes hundreds of label templates (AIAG ANSI, AT&T, CTI, DOD, EIA, GM, JC Penny, K-Mart, Sears, UCC, Wal-Mart and more).
- Interactive Templates (The template prompts you for any required data. Create your own and specify which fields will prompt user).
Bar code features
- Helpful bar code specifications and hints for each symbology.
- Supports over 30 options including: Code 39, 128, 93 11, UPC, EAN, Bookland-EAN, Interleaved 2 of 5, Industrial 2 of 5, MSI/Plessey, Codabar, POSTNET, FIM, PDF417 and Maxicode, DataMatrix and Aztec.
- Specify the density of your bar codes in Dots, CPI, Mil, Percentage and Approximate Width.
- Interactively resize your bar codes to fit the exact space available with no need to guess the appropriate density.
- Import and export pictures from 28 different graphics formats and hundreds of variants, including: JPEG, Kodak Photo CD, Photoshop 3.0, TIFF, PNG CompuServe Graphic Format, PCX, GIF, Windows & OS/2 BMP, Windows Metafile, Postscript Raster (EPS), WPG, TARGA, MSP, Mac Paint, GEM, CALS, Sun Raster, CMP.
- Configure database connection without leaving software (Access, Excel, SQL, Oracle, General OLE, ODBC or Text file)
- Preview Data in ODBC Template Design
- Access multiple data tables and use multiple databases per label
- ASCII Text Files (CSV, TXT data source support (Mail Merging)
- Extensive error handling options are available to handle errors that may occur at print time: Clipped Fields, Invalid Pictures, Invalid Bar Codes, High Resolution Bar Codes (hard to read), Empty Fields, and Empty Labels. After printing, Tattoo ID provides a summary report indicating any errors that may have occurred.
- Tattoo ID provides tracking of data printed on labels by allowing you to log the data to a file each time the label is printed.
- Supports any Windows-compatible printer.
- Send file as email attachment
Help and documentation
- Redesigned, easy-to-use help screens.
- On-line help with hints and tips for bar coding and label design.
- Helpful label design wizards